Programs - Seattle
Professional Massage Therapy Program (750 Clock Hours)
Day: 32 weeks / 7 ½ months
Evening: 52 weeks / 12 months
The Cortiva community of schools is passionate about massage therapy and committed to thoroughly preparing students for an exciting career as a professional massage therapist. The Professional Massage Therapy Program provides a well-rounded educational experience, focusing on both the art and science of massage.
Client-centered care is at the heart of the curriculum which provides a foundation of basic and advanced approaches, including Swedish, sports, neuromuscular, myofascial, chair massage, trigger point work and hydrotherapy. In the clinical integration courses, the therapeutic benefits of massage are explored as students learn to apply their skills to both relax clients and address common clinical conditions. The faculty-supervised student Massage Therapy Center provides the opportunity to put theory into practice as the students work on the public.
In addition to technique classes, applied science courses are offered to teach students about the structure and function of the body so they can make sound clinical decisions to ensure a safe practice.
The professional development courses further prepare students for career success in the diverse employment opportunities waiting for them in the health and wellness industries.
Program ObjectivesThe Cortiva program is designed to train students in the theory and technique of a balanced blend of bodywork modalities while simultaneously developing their skills in active listening, postural assessment and ethical communication as a means to understand and meet the client’s needs within the scope of their practice.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Develop the personal and professional potential of students and instill in them a client-centered approach to bodywork.
- Enable students to develop occupational skills for gainful employment in a variety of working environments as professional massage therapists or in related fields offering a quality of service that will be sought after by both clients and employers.
- Prepare students with sufficient training in the theory and technique of massage therapy and bodywork to sit for the Massage & Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx) or other state recognized licensing exam.
Extended Professional Massage Therapy Program (1000 Clock Hours)
Day: 42 weeks / 10 months
Evening: 72 weeks / 17 months
Cortiva’s Extended Professional Massage Therapy Program offers a variety of additional opportunities for students to explore as they broaden their experience, strengthen their skills, and increase their confidence in the practice of massage. The Extended program provides students an advantage that distinguishes and sets them apart as they enter their chosen profession. Specialty clinics, case reviews and research applications, allied modalities and advanced bodywork courses complement each other to provide students’ creative avenues to refine and enhance the client centered care skills developed through their core education in the Professional Massage Therapy Program.
Graduates of the Cortiva Extended Professional Massage Therapy Programs are prepared to:
- Demonstrate the skills, knowledge and attitude for a successful career in massage therapy.
- Apply their theoretical knowledge and practical skill to design and implement competent therapeutic and wellness massage treatment plans for a wide variety of clients.
- Exhibit personal and professional ethics and conduct essential to the practice of massage and bodywork.
- Practice as professional massage therapists in their own business or as employees.
- Assume the role of a health care professional in serving the community and promoting the massage profession.
- Work professionally as part of an interdisciplinary team of health and well care providers.
At the completion of the program, the graduate will be prepared to work as an entry-level massage therapist in a variety of environments such as clinics, spas, hospitals, or in their own private practice.
Click below for Gainful Employment Disclosures for the Seattle Campus:
Gainful Employment Disclosures for the 32-week Professional Massage Therapy Program
Gainful Employment Disclosures for the 52-week Professional Massage Therapy Program
Gainful Employment Disclosures for the 42-week Extended Professional Massage Therapy Program
Gainful Employment Disclosures for the 72-week Extended Professional Massage Therapy Program